Friday 18 April 2014

Easter Recipe - Hidden Mini Eggs Chocolate Tart

This has been a recipe that I have been wanting to try since watching Rosemary Shrager bake one at The Cake and Bake Show

It also gave me an idea for an Easter bake with a hidden treat. Joseph asked me to bake a chocolate treat so this was perfect.

The recipe that I have done today is Rosemary Shrager's Rich and Creamy Chocolate Tart out of her latest book Bakes, Cakes and Puddings


 I have followed the original recipe, more or less, but have just given it an Easter twist!

This is what I did...

Hidden Mini Egg Chocolate Tart

Ingredients

Pastry:

275g plain flour
150g butter, cubed
80g icing sugar
25g cocoa powder
1 egg
2tbsp water

Filling:

225g dark chocolate, with min 60% cocoa solids
25g butter
400mls double cream
25g icing sugar
Cadburys mini eggs

Method

1 - Sift the flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl

2 - Add the cubed butter and rub in with your fingers until you have a breadcrumb consistency

3 - Stir in the egg and 1tbsp of water

4 - Once you have a rough dough add the other tbsp of water and bring together to form a ball

5 - Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour

6 - Pre heat the oven to 180C

7 - Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured top

8 - Line a loose bottomed flan tin with the pastry, trim the edges

9 - Prick the base with a fork and line with baking paper and fill with baking beans

10 - Place in the pre heated oven and blind bake for 20 minutes, then remove the beans and baking paper, return to the oven for 5 minutes then remove and cool

11 - To make the ganache melt the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl over simmering water

12 - Once the chocolate and butter have melted place on one side to cool

13 - Whisk the cream with the icing sugar, pour in the melted chocolate and butter and mix until you have a smooth ganache

14 - Spoon in a layer of the ganache into the pastry base and add some of the mini eggs around the edge and a second ring further in


15 - Spoon on the remaining ganache and decorate with more mini eggs, place in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours

Remove from the fridge when you ready to serve. This rich dessert will please any chocolate lover and is perfect for this time of year! With the added surprise of mini eggs running through the tart this really is a special Easter treat!

Enjoy x


*Note* if you have any remaining tart return to the fridge and you will be able to enjoy some more the following day!

I am sharing this recipe with Romanium Mum's Friday Foodie pop over and take a look at some delicious Easter recipes!
Romanian Mum
I am also sharing with Keynko's 52 Cook Books pop over and see what others have been cooking!
Keynko A Crafty Family

32 comments:

  1. Now you're making me salivate!! My mini egg crazy boy would love this :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea! Love the idea of a hidden mini egg cake, because mini eggs are awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tart look so delicious and chocolatey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I can't stop drooling over it, looks delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that tart looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely delicious! I bet that made a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy. I love the look of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I am totally craving chocolate mmmm - where are the kids easter eggs! #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha IF you have any tart left, refrigerate it. If I made this, it would be GONE. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so yummy. My tummy is rumbling. #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I think I just gained 5lbs looking at the picture. I can just imagine it with a big dollop of whipped cream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is a chocolate feast. Bet that would be good with ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this alternative take on an easter egg hunt, and my goodness it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lovely. I made hidden mini egg brownies - they weren't meant to be hidden, but I am going to tell everyone that they were now, thanks to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! That looks delicious - I could eat a slice right now x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that looks naughty good

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmmmm! That looks amazing! so hate being on a diet this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmmm this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chocolate heaven from where I am watching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I start slimming world tomorrow, visiting your blog form then onwards is going to be tough, far too many lovely things. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  21. AAARRRGGGHHHH This will not bode well for my diet! Must resist the temptation ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my this looks delicious. It's not slimming world friendly but you have to treats every now and then right?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...chocolate AND bonus eggs. Phew! I'd love to try this [salivates]

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh god that looks gorgeous! I think I might have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another great recipe with a fantastic end result. Well done. This one is defiantly a keeper. I'll be trying this very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x