Monday 28 April 2014

Organix No Junk Challenge

Organix No Junk Challenge: Take the challenge, cut out the junk.


When I saw that Organix were running a challenge to cut out junk that we feed our children I knew that I had to take part.

I am a firm believer in cooking meals from scratch. They are not only healthier for the family but you know what ingredients are going into the meal. I always find it concerning when I look at an ingredients list and see items which I have never heard of. I don't know if they are chemicals, preservatives, artificial additives, sweeteners, they really could be anything! They are ingredients that are certainly not found in a home kitchen. I was amazed by the huge list of ingredients that are used to make mass produced shop bought bread. I make bread using just 4 ingredients plus water! I like to know what my family are eating and what I am feeding my children.

It is not always easy to check the ingredients as you are shopping. Any parent will agree, when you go shopping with the kiddies, you want to go in, get what you need and get out before they get bored! Looking at ingredients is only gong to make your trip longer. This is why the government and food industry need to have tighter regulations regarding added salt, sugar, fats and artificial additives.

I am going to be sharing some easy recipes which can be made at home from scratch and that will please the whole family! They will contain No Junk ingredients, easy step by step instructions and will not cost a fortune to make! So keep an eye out for some delicious recipes and take the pledge with Organix!

To sign up to the Organix No Junk pledge visit Organix No Junk
 

14 comments:

  1. I am very much with you. I cook from scratch wherever possible as I like to know what's going in to what I'm eating. Think I may sign up myself as it's always good to have some motivation to cook new and interesting meals :-) #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your recipes, I really hope that we will cut down on junk food, especially my hubby when little one arrives

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely be popping back to check out your recipes. I really want to start cooking more of our food from scratch - we eat so much junk, and I don't think it's great for the development of the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am a bad mum. Baby gets Organic baby food, she hated it when we cooked for her! Good luck hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great challenge. I mostly cook from scratch but I do have a lazy day every week where I give the kids a store-bought pizza. I would love to try to make my own one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to cook from scratch but fail sometimes! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://caringformychaos.blogspot.com/2014/04/im-so-excited-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you'll manage the challenge with ease! I do mostly cook from scratch but I'm not sure I'm quite up to the challenge - time does mean they get the occasional pizza and fish finger! I would like to make more of my own bread though. #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to reading your journey, it's really important thing to be doing. I know my children rely far too heavily on foods like sausages! My dad used work with the Welsh foods standards agency & he used to tell some fascinating stories about food safety, most of which don't get anywhere near the public domain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not averse to buying some shortcut ingredients but we more often than not cook from scratch - we know exactly what goes into the meal.

    A great challenge, look forward to what you have to share! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds very interesting and I look forward to hearing about more of your recipes etc. I try to cook from scratch as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant! I love cooking from scratch so this campaign is great to motivate me to do it more! Look forward to seeing your recipes x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also a firm believer in cooking with fresh ingredients at home, although I do buy bread because I find home made bread doesn't last 5 minutes in my house and I can't keep up with the demand! This sounds like a great challenge to be part of and I look forward to reading your recipe ideas x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree - it's definitely difficult to do close reading of the ingredients with small ones in tow. Cutting out the junk sounds like a good campaign to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh I'll be pleased to see your recipes for this, it is a fab challenge. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x