Saturday 16 November 2013

Tipsy Mincemeat

This year, I am wanting to make as much Christmas goodies as I can. Now that the twins are bigger I have more opportunity to get in the kitchen.
Today I have made some Tipsy Mincemeat.
I have called it this for obvious reasons, it is soaked in some lovely Scotch Whisky!!!
I got the basic idea of what ingredients were needed from various books and magazines but have adapted it to our taste, budget and time that I have.
Here is what I got.
 
Tipsy Mincemeat
 
Ingredients
 
800g dried mixed fruit with candied peel
125g butter, cut into cubes
50g flaked almonds, crushed
225g light muscovado sugar
1tspn cinnamon
2tspn mixed spice
200ml whisky
 
Method
 
1 - Place the fruit, butter, almonds, sugar, cinnamon and mixed spice in a pan over a medium heat and heat until the butter melts. Keep stirring to stop any of the sugar burning
2 - Once the butter has melted turn the heat down, cover and let it simmer for about 10 minutes
3 - Leave to cool completely
4 - Once cooled add the whisky and mix
5 - Spoon into sterilised jam jars making sure the lids are on tightly,  label and store away until needed
 
That is it!
It is so simple to make and will make your homemade mince pies even more yummier and a real treat with the added alcohol.
If you do not like whisky then brandy, rum or sherry would also be a great alternative.
Enjoy x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x